This post is also available in: French
The Sophot.com charter
Though we neither intend to codify the photography to which Sophot.com is dedicated, nor define how to work, we are driven by an ethical code to which photographers registered on this site adhere to.
It is defined, for photographers, as:
• an ongoing, active, personal involvement in social issues,
• a commitment to help – through their work – the cause and dignity of those concerned,
• the respect of their subjects and those close to them,
• a collaborative approach with individuals and organisations actively working on these issues,
• a genuine desire to understand the issue being addressed in its entirety,
• a desire to address the issue in the most thorough and widest way possible,
• a rigourous approach to their work and the use of their photographs.